revenge: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ri-venj'), [key]
— v., n. -venged, -veng•ing,
- to exact punishment or expiation for a wrong on behalf of, esp. in a resentful or vindictive spirit: He revenged his murdered brother.
- to take vengeance for; inflict punishment for; avenge: He revenged his brother's murder.
- to take revenge.
- the act of revenging; retaliation for injuries or wrongs; vengeance.
- something done in vengeance.
- the desire to revenge; vindictiveness.
- an opportunity to retaliate or gain satisfaction.
- revenge (Thesaurus)