repeat: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ri-pēt'), [key]
- to say or utter again (something already said): to repeat a word for emphasis.
- to say or utter in reproducing the words, inflections, etc., of another: to repeat a sentence after the teacher.
- to reproduce (utterances, sounds, etc.) in the manner of an echo, a phonograph, or the like.
- to tell (something heard) to another or others.
- to do, make, or perform again: to repeat an action.
- to go through or undergo again: to repeat an experience.
- to do or say something again.
- to cause a slight regurgitation: The onions I ate are repeating on me.
- to vote illegally by casting more than one vote in the same election.
- the act of repeating.
- something repeated; repetition.
- a duplicate or reproduction of something.
- a decorative pattern repeated, usually by printing, on a textile or the like.
- a passage to be repeated.
- a sign, as a vertical arrangement of dots, calling for the repetition of a passage.
- a radio or television program that has been broadcast at least once before.
- repeat (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.