reinforce: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rē"in-fôrs', -fōrs'), [key]
— v., n. -forced, -forc•ing,
- to strengthen with some added piece, support, or material: to reinforce a wall.
- to strengthen (a military force) with additional personnel, ships, or aircraft: to reinforce a garrison.
- to strengthen; make more forcible or effective: to reinforce efforts.
- to augment; increase: to reinforce a supply.
- to strengthen the probability of (a response to a given stimulus) by giving or withholding a reward.
- something that reinforces.
- a metal band on the rear part of the bore of a gun, where the explosion occurs.
- reinforce (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.