Meaning of recycle
Pronunciation: (rē-sī'kul), [key]
— v., n. -cled, -cling,
- to treat or process (used or waste materials) so as to make suitable for reuse: recycling paper to save trees.
- to alter or adapt for new use without changing the essential form or nature of: The old factory is being recycled as a theater.
- to use again in the original form or with minimal alteration: The governor recycled some speeches from his early days.
- to cause to pass through a cycle again: to recycle laundry through a washing machine.
- to pass through a cycle again; repeat a process from the beginning.
- to undergo reuse or renewal; be subject to or suitable for further use, activity, etc.: The industry will recycle and become profitable once more.
- the act or process of recycling.
- recycle (Thesaurus)