Meaning of rainbow
Pronunciation: (rān'bō"), [key]
- a bow or arc of prismatic colors appearing in the heavens opposite the sun and caused by the refraction and reflection of the sun's rays in drops of rain. Cf.
- a similar bow of colors, esp. one appearing in the spray of a waterfall or fountain.
- any brightly multicolored arrangement or display.
- a wide variety or range; gamut.
- a visionary goal: He pursued the rainbow of a singing career for years before becoming a success.
- made up of diverse races, ethnic groups, etc.: a rainbow coalition of supporters.
- rainbow (Thesaurus)