query: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kwēr'ē), [key]
— n., pl. v., -ries, -ried, -ry•ing.
- a question; an inquiry.
- mental reservation; doubt.
- a question mark (?), esp. as added on a manuscript, proof sheet, or the like, indicating doubt as to some point in the text.
- an inquiry from a writer to an editor of a magazine, newspaper, etc., regarding the acceptability of or interest in an idea for an article, news story, or the like: usually presented in the form of a letter that outlines or describes the projected piece.
- to ask or inquire about: No one queried his presence.
- to question as doubtful or obscure: to query a statement.
- to mark (a manuscript, proof sheet, etc.) with a query.
- to ask questions of.
- query (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.