Meaning of quadrate
Pronunciation: (adj., n.kwod'rit, -rātv.kwod'rāt), [key]
— adj., n., v., -rat•ed, -rat•ing.
- square or rectangular.
- of or pertaining to the quadrate.
- (of a cross) having an enlarged square at the junction of the limbs: a cross quadrate.
- a square.
- something square or rectangular.
- one of a pair of bones in the skulls of many lower vertebrates, to which the lower jaw is articulated.
- to cause to conform or harmonize; adapt.
- to agree; conform.
- quadrate (Thesaurus)