pylon: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pī'lon), [key]
- a marking post or tower for guiding aviators, frequently used in races.
- a relatively tall structure at the side of a gate, bridge, or avenue, marking an entrance or approach.
- a monumental tower forming the entrance to an ancient Egyptian temple, consisting either of a pair of tall quadrilateral masonry masses with sloping sides and a doorway between them or of one such mass pierced with a doorway.
- a steel tower or mast carrying high-tension lines, telephone wires, or other cables and lines.
- a finlike device used to attach engines, auxiliary fuel tanks, bombs, etc., to an aircraft wing or fuselage.
- pylon (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.