Meaning of profound
Pronunciation: (pru-found'), [key]
— adj., n. -er, -est,
- penetrating or entering deeply into subjects of thought or knowledge; having deep insight or understanding: a profound thinker.
- originating in or penetrating to the depths of one's being; profound grief.
- being or going far beneath what is superficial, external, or obvious: profound insight.
- of deep meaning; of great and broadly inclusive significance: a profound book.
- pervasive or intense; thorough; complete: a profound silence.
- extending, situated, or originating far down, or far beneath the surface: the profound depths of the ocean.
- low: a profound bow.
- profound (Thesaurus)