politician: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pol"i-tish'un), [key]
- a person who is active in party politics.
- a seeker or holder of public office, who is more concerned about winning favor or retaining power than about maintaining principles.
- a person who holds a political office.
- a person skilled in political government or administration; statesman or stateswoman.
- an expert in politics or political government.
- a person who seeks to gain power or advancement within an organization in ways that are generally disapproved.
- politician (Thesaurus)