plunder: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (plun'dur), [key]
- to rob of goods or valuables by open force, as in war, hostile raids, brigandage, etc.: to plunder a town.
- to rob, despoil, or fleece: to plunder the public treasury.
- to take wrongfully, as by pillage, robbery, or fraud: to plunder a piece of property.
- to take plunder; pillage.
- plundering, pillage, or spoliation.
- that which is taken in plundering; loot.
- anything taken by robbery, theft, or fraud.
- plunder (Thesaurus)