phenomenon: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fi-nom'u-non", -nun), [key]
— pl. -na -nons.
- a fact, occurrence, or circumstance observed or observable: to study the phenomena of nature.
- something that is impressive or extraordinary.
- a remarkable or exceptional person; prodigy; wonder.
- an appearance or immediate object of awareness in experience.
- Kantianism.a thing as it appears to and is constructed by the mind, as distinguished from a noumenon, or thing-in-itself.
- phenomenon (Thesaurus)