per: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pûr unstressed p&schwar), [key]
- for each; for every: Membership costs ten dollars per year. This cloth is two dollars per yard.
- by means of; by; through: I am sending the recipe per messenger.
- according to; in accordance with: I delivered the box per your instructions.
- each; for each one: The charge for window-washing was five dollars per.
- a prefix meaning “through,” “thoroughly,” “utterly,” “very”: pervert; pervade; perfect.
- a prefix used in the names of inorganic acids and their salts that possess the maximum amount of the element specified in the base word:(HCO), permanganic (HMnO), persulfuric (HSO), acids; potassium permanganate (KMnO); potassium persulfate (KSO). percarbonic