Meaning of partisan
Pronunciation: (pär'tu-zun, -sunBrit.pär§u-zan'), [key]
- an adherent or supporter of a person, group, party, or cause, esp. a person who shows a biased, emotional allegiance.
- a member of a party of light or irregular troops engaged in harassing an enemy, esp. a member of a guerrilla band engaged in fighting or sabotage against an occupying army.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of partisans; partial to a specific party, person, etc.: partisan politics.
- of, pertaining to, or carried on by military partisans or guerrillas.
Pronunciation: (pär'tu-zun, -sun), [key]
- a shafted weapon of the 16th and 17th centuries, having as a head a long spear blade with a pair of curved lobes at the base.
- partisan (Thesaurus)