Meaning of pannier
Pronunciation: (pan'yur, -ē-ur), [key]
- a basket, esp. a large one, for carrying goods, provisions, etc.
- a basket for carrying on a person's back, or one of a pair to be slung across the back of a beast of burden.
- a similar type of bag, usually one of a pair, fastened over a bicycle's rear wheel.
- (on a dress, skirt, etc.) a puffed arrangement of drapery at the hips.
- an oval framework formerly used for distending the skirt of a woman's dress at the hips.
- pannier (Thesaurus)