oscillate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (os'u-lāt"), [key]
— v., -lat•ed, -lat•ing.
- to swing or move to and fro, as a pendulum does.
- to vary or vacillate between differing beliefs, opinions, conditions, etc.: He oscillates regularly between elation and despair.
- to have, produce, or generate oscillations.
- (of a function, sequence, etc.) to tend to no limit, including infinity: The sequence 0, 1, 0, 1, … oscillates.
- to cause to move to and fro; vibrate.
- oscillate (Thesaurus)