originally: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (u-rij'u-nl-ē), [key]
- with respect to origin; by origin: Originally he came from California.
- at the origin; at first: Originally this was to be in three volumes.
- in the first place; primarily: Originally nomads, they first learned agriculture from the missionaries.
- in an original, novel, or distinctively individual manner: Originally planned houses are much in demand.
- from the beginning; from the first; inherently.
- originally (Thesaurus)