Meaning of opinion
Pronunciation: (u-pin'yun), [key]
- a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
- a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
- the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.
- the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
- a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.
- a favorable estimate; esteem: I haven't much of an opinion of him.
- opinion (Thesaurus)