Norman: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (nôr'mun), [key]
- a member of that branch of the Northmen or Scandinavians who in the 10th century conquered Normandy.
- Also calledone of the mixed Scandinavian and French people who inhabited Normandy and conquered England in 1066.
- a native or inhabitant of Normandy.
- See(def. 1).
- a city in central Oklahoma. 68,020.
- a male given name.
- of or pertaining to the Normans.
- noting or pertaining to a variety of Romanesque architecture built by the Normans, esp. in England after 1066.
- norman (Thesaurus)