nocturnal: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (nok-tûr'nl), [key]
- of or pertaining to the night (opposed to diurnal).
- done, occurring, or coming at night: nocturnal visit.
- active at night (opposed to diurnal): nocturnal animals.
- opening by night and closing by day, as certain flowers (opposed to diurnal).
- an astrolabe for telling time at night or for determining latitude by the position of certain stars in reference to Polaris.
- nocturnal (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.