Meaning of month
Pronunciation: (munth), [key]
- Also calledany of the twelve parts, as January or February, into which the calendar year is divided.
- the time from any day of one calendar month to the corresponding day of the next.
- a period of four weeks or 30 days.
- Also calledone-twelfth of a solar or tropical year.
- Also calledthe period of a complete revolution of the moon around the earth, as the period between successive new moonsequal to 29.531 days, or the period between successive conjunctions with a starequal to 27.322 days, or the period between successive perigeesequal to 27.555 days, or the period between successive similar nodesequal to 27.212 days.
- an unusually long period of time of indefinite length: I haven't seen him for months.
- month (Thesaurus)