Meaning of Mohawk
Pronunciation: (mō'hôk), [key]
— pl. -hawks, -hawk.
- a member of a tribe of the most easterly of the Iroquois Five Nations, formerly resident along the Mohawk River, New York.
- the Iroquoian language of the Mohawk Indians.
- a river flowing E from central New York to the Hudson. 148 mi. (240 km) long.
- (often l.c.) Also calleda hairstyle in which the head is shaved bare except for a strip of hair, usually with blunt, brushlike ends, down the center of the scalp from the forehead to the nape of the neck.
- a twin turboprop, two-seat U.S. Army aircraft fitted with cameras, radar, and infrared sensors and designed to monitor enemy operations.
- Mohawk (Thesaurus)