Meaning of minim
Pronunciation: (min'um), [key]
- the smallest unit of liquid measure, of a fluid dram, roughly equivalent to one drop. Abbr.: min, min.; Symbol: M, &minimv;
- a note, formerly the shortest in use, but now equivalent in time value to one half of a semibreve; half note. See illus. under
- the least quantity of anything.
- something very small or insignificant.
- (cap.) a member of a mendicant religious order founded in the 15th century by St. Francis of Paola.
- very small.
- minim (Thesaurus)