Meaning of Mediterranean
Pronunciation: (med"i-tu-rā'nē-un), [key]
- a person whose physical characteristics are considered typical of the peoples native to or inhabiting the Mediterranean area.
- the islands and countries of the Mediterranean Sea collectively.
- pertaining to, situated on or near, or dwelling about the Mediterranean Sea.
- pertaining to or characteristic of the peoples native to the lands along or near the Mediterranean Sea.
- surrounded or nearly surrounded by land.
- mediterranean (Thesaurus)