mash: Meaning and Definition of
- to crush: He mashed his thumb with a hammer.
- to reduce to a soft, pulpy mass, as by beating or pressure, esp. in the preparation of food.
- to mix (crushed malt or meal of grain) with hot water to form wort.
- a soft, pulpy mass.
- a pulpy condition.
- a mixture of boiled grain, bran, meal, etc., fed warm to horses and cattle.
- crushed malt or meal of grain mixed with hot water to form wort.
- mashed potatoes.
— Older Slang. Older Slang.
- a flirtation or infatuation.
- a flirt; sweetheart; lover.
- to flirt with; court the affections of.
- mobile army surgical hospital.
- mash (Thesaurus)