marine: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mu-rēn'), [key]
- of or pertaining to the sea; existing in or produced by the sea: marine vegetation.
- pertaining to navigation or shipping; nautical; naval; maritime.
- serving on shipboard, as soldiers.
- of or belonging to the marines.
- adapted for use at sea: a marine barometer.
- a member of the U.S. Marine Corps.
- one of a class of naval troops serving both on shipboard and on land.
- seagoing ships collectively, esp. with reference to nationality or class; shipping in general.
- a picture with a marine subject; seascape.
- naval affairs, or the department of a government, as in France, having to do with such affairs.
- an empty bottle of beer or spirits.
- orI don't believe your story; I refuse to be fooled.
- marine (Thesaurus)