Meaning of Madison
Pronunciation: (mad'u-sun), [key]
- (Dorothea Payne), 1768–1849, wife of James Madison.
- 1751–1836, 4th president of the U.S. 1809–17.
- a city in and the capital of Wisconsin, in the S part. 170,616.
- a city in NE New Jersey. 15,357.
- a town in S Connecticut. 14,031.
- a city in SE Indiana. 12,472.
- a dance in which the participants stand side by side in a line while one person, acting as leader, calls out various steps, each letter of the word “Madison” signaling a specific step.
- madison (Thesaurus)