loggerhead: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (lô'gur-hed", log'ur-), [key]
- a thick-headed or stupid person; blockhead.
- a ball or bulb of iron with a long handle, used, after being heated, to melt tar, heat liquids, etc.
- a rounded post, in the stern of a whaleboat, around which the harpoon line is passed.
- a circular inkwell having a broad, flat base.
- engaged in a disagreement or dispute; quarreling: They were at loggerheads over the distribution of funds.
- loggerhead (Thesaurus)