lively: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (līv'lē), [key]
— adj., adv. -li•er, -li•est,
- full or suggestive of life or vital energy; active, vigorous, or brisk: a lively discussion.
- animated, spirited, vivacious, or sprightly: a lively tune; a lively wit.
- eventful, stirring, or exciting: The opposition gave us a lively time.
- bustling with activity; astir: The marketplace was lively with vendors.
- strong, keen, or distinct; vivid: a lively recollection.
- striking, telling, or effective, as an expression or instance.
- vivid or bright, as color or light: a lively pink.
- sparkling, as wines.
- fresh or invigorating, as air: a lively breeze.
- rebounding quickly; springing back; resilient: a lively tennis ball.
- riding the sea buoyantly, as a ship.
- with briskness, vigor, or animation; briskly: to step lively.
- lively (Thesaurus)