lineup: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (līn'up"), [key]
- a particular order or disposition of persons or things as arranged or drawn up for action, inspection, etc.
- the persons or things themselves.
- (in police investigations) a group of persons, including suspects in a crime, lined up to allow inspection and possible identification by the victim or victims of that crime.
- the list of the participating players in a game together with their positions: to announce the starting lineup of a game.
- an organization of people, companies, etc., for some common purpose: a lineup of support for the new tax bill.
- an overall schedule of programs, events, activities, etc.: the fall lineup of TV programs.
- a list of products or services offered by a manufacturer or organization: Does the company's lineup of new cars this year include a convertible?
- lineup (Thesaurus)