Meaning of lattice
Pronunciation: (lat'is), [key]
— n., v., -ticed, -tic•ing.
- a structure of crossed wooden or metal strips usually arranged to form a diagonal pattern of open spaces between the strips.
- a window, gate, or the like consisting of such a structure.
- the structure of fissionable and nonfissionable materials geometrically arranged within a nuclear reactor.
- Also calledan arrangement in space of isolated points in a regular pattern, showing the positions of atoms, molecules, or ions in the structure of a crystal.
- a partially ordered set in which every subset containing exactly two elements has a greatest lower bound or intersection and a least upper bound or union.
- to furnish with a lattice or latticework.
- to form into or arrange like latticework.
- lattice (Thesaurus)