kosher: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kō'shur), [key]
- kosher meat; kosher dishes; a kosher tallith.
- fit or allowed to be eaten or used, according to the dietary or ceremonial laws:kosher meat; kosher dishes; a kosher tallith.
- adhering to the laws governing such fitness:a kosher restaurant.
- proper; legitimate.
- genuine; authentic.
- to adhere to the dietary laws of Judaism.
- kosher food: Let's eat kosher tonight.
- to make kosher: to kosher meat by salting.
- kosher (Thesaurus)