jungle: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: ( jung'gul), [key]
- a wild land overgrown with dense vegetation, often nearly impenetrable, esp. tropical vegetation or a tropical rain forest.
- a tract of such land.
- a wilderness of dense overgrowth; a piece of swampy, thickset forestland.
- any confused mass or agglomeration of objects; jumble: a jungle of wrecked automobiles.
- something that baffles or perplexes; maze: a jungle of legal double-talk.
- a scene of violence and struggle for survival: The neglected prison was a jungle for its inmates.
- a place or situation of ruthless competition: the advertising jungle.
- a hobo camp.
- a novel (1906) by Upton Sinclair.
- jungle (Thesaurus)