Meaning of jasper
- a compact, opaque, cryptocrystalline variety of quartz, usually colored red: often used in decorative carvings.
- Also calleda fine, hard stoneware introduced c1775 by Wedgwood, stained various colors by metallic oxides, with raised designs in white.
— n. Older Slang.
- a fellow; guy.
- a city in NW Alabama. 11,894.
- a resort town in SW Alberta, in SW Canada, on the Athabaska River: headquarters for Jasper National Park. 3060.
- a male given name, form of
- jasper (Thesaurus)