Meaning of invite
Pronunciation: (v.in-vīt'n.in'vīt), [key]
— v., n. -vit•ed, -vit•ing,
- to request the presence or participation of in a kindly, courteous, or complimentary way, esp. to request to come or go to some place, gathering, entertainment, etc., or to do something: to invite friends to dinner.
- to request politely or formally: to invite donations.
- to act so as to bring on or render probable: to invite accidents by fast driving.
- to call forth or give occasion for: Those big shoes invite laughter.
- to attract, allure, entice, or tempt.
- to give invitation; offer attractions or allurements.
- an invitation.
- invite (Thesaurus)