Meaning of infant
Pronunciation: (in'funt), [key]
- a child during the earliest period of its life, esp. before he or she can walk; baby.
- a person who is not of full age, esp. one who has not reached the age of 18 years; a minor.
- a beginner, as in experience or learning; novice: The new candidate is a political infant.
- anything in the first stage of existence or progress.
- of or pertaining to infants or infancy: infant years.
- being in infancy: an infant king.
- being in the earliest stage: an infant industry.
- of or pertaining to the legal state of infancy; minor.
- infant (Thesaurus)