Meaning of implement
Pronunciation: (n.im'plu-muntv.im'plu-ment&sec, -munt), [key]
- any article used in some activity, esp. an instrument, tool, or utensil: agricultural implements.
- an article of equipment, as household furniture, clothing, ecclesiastical vestments, or the like.
- a means; agent: human beings as an implement of divine plan.
- to fulfill; perform; carry out: Once in office, he failed to implement his campaign promises.
- to put into effect according to or by means of a definite plan or procedure.
- to fill out or supplement.
- to provide with implements.
- implement (Thesaurus)