hundred: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (hun'drid), [key]
— n., pl. adj. -dreds, -dred,
- a cardinal number, ten times ten.
- a symbol for this number, as 100 or C.
- a set of this many persons or things: a hundred of the men.
- a number between 100 and 999, as in referring to an amount of money: Property loss was only in the hundreds of dollars.
- a hundred-dollar bill.
- the sum of one hundred dollars.
- (formerly) an administrative division of an English county.
- a similar division in colonial Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Virginia, and in present-day Delaware.
- Also called
- (in a mixed number) the position of the third digit to the left of the decimal point.
- (in a whole number) the position of the third digit from the right.
- amounting to one hundred in number.
- hundred (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.