Meaning of height
Pronunciation: (hīt), [key]
- extent or distance upward: The balloon stopped rising at a height of 500 feet.
- distance upward from a given level to a fixed point: the height from the ground to the first floor; the height of an animal at the shoulder.
- the distance between the lowest and highest points of a person standing upright; stature: She is five feet in height.
- considerable or great altitude or elevation: the height of the mountains.
- Often, They stood on the heights overlooking the valley.
- a high place above a level; a hill or mountain:They stood on the heights overlooking the valley.
- the highest part; top; apex; summit:In his dreams he reached the heights.
- the highest point; utmost degree: the height of power; the height of pleasure.
- high rank in social status.
- height (Thesaurus)