havoc: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (hav'uk), [key]
— n., v., -ocked, -ock•ing.
- great destruction or devastation; ruinous damage.
- to warn of danger or disaster.
- The wind played havoc with the papers on the desk.
- to create confusion or disorder in:The wind played havoc with the papers on the desk.
- to destroy; ruin:The bad weather played havoc with our vacation plans.
- to work havoc upon; devastate.
- to work havoc: The fire havocked throughout the house.
- havoc (Thesaurus)