Meaning of hare
Pronunciation: (hâr), [key]
— n., pl. v., hares, hare, hared, har•ing.
- any rodentlike mammal of the genus Lepus, of the family Leporidae, having long ears, a divided upper lip, and long hind limbs adapted for leaping.
- any of the larger species of this genus, as distinguished from certain of the smaller ones known as rabbits.
- any of various similar animals of the same family.
- (cap.)the constellation Lepus.
- the player pursued in the game of hare and hounds.
- to run fast.
- hare (Thesaurus)