Han: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (hän), [key]
- a dynasty in China, 206 b.c.–a.d. 220, with an interregnum, a.d. 9–25: characterized by consolidation of the centralized imperial state and territorial expansion. Cf. Earlier Han, Later Han.
- a river flowing from central China into the Yangtze at Hankow. 900 mi. (1450 km) long.
- the Chinese people in general, esp. those not of Mongol, Manchu, Tibetan, or other non-Chinese extraction.
Pronunciation: (hän, hun), [key]
— pl. Hans, Han
- a member of a group of Indians inhabiting the Yukon River drainage basin near the Alaska-Canada border.
- the Athabaskan language of the Han.
- han (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.