Meaning of hairline
Pronunciation: (hâr'līn"), [key]
- a very slender line.
- the lower edge of the hair, esp. along the upper forehead: a hairline that slowly receded.
- worsted fabric woven with very fine lines or stripes.
- a very thin line on the face of a type. See illus. undertype.
- a style of type consisting entirely of such lines.
- a thin rule for printing fine lines.
- undesirable vertical lines between letters, caused by worn matrices.
- narrow or fine as a hair: a hairline fracture.
- hairline (Thesaurus)