funnel: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fun'l), [key]
— n., v., -neled, -nel•ing -nelled, -nel•ling.
- a cone-shaped utensil with a tube at the apex for conducting liquid or other substance through a small opening, as into a bottle, jug, or the like.
- a smokestack, esp. of a steamship.
- a flue, tube, or shaft, as for ventilation.
- a stovepipe.
- to concentrate, channel, or focus: They funneled all income into research projects.
- to pour through or as if through a funnel.
- to pass through or as if through a funnel.
- funnel (Thesaurus)