Meaning of fuel
Pronunciation: (fy'ul), [key]
— n., v., -eled, -el•ing -elled, -el•ling.
- combustible matter used to maintain fire, as coal, wood, oil, or gas, in order to create heat or power.
- something that gives nourishment; food.
- an energy source for engines, power plants, or reactors: Kerosene is used as jet engine fuel.
- something that sustains or encourages; stimulant: Our discussion provided him with fuel for debate.
- to supply with fuel.
- to obtain or replenish fuel.
- fuel (Thesaurus)