foxy: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fok'sē), [key]
— fox•i•er, fox•i•est.
- foxlike; cunning or crafty; slyly clever.
- yellowish or reddish brown, as of the color of the common red fox.
- a foxy outfit.
- sexually appealing; attractive.
- stylish; modish:a foxy outfit.
- exciting and appealing, as a place, entertainment, or the like.
- discolored or foxed: pages of a book that had become foxy.
- (of a wine) having the pronounced flavor natural to native American grape varieties, as that of fox grapes or of Concord or Catawba grapes.
- (esp. of a painting) having excessively warm tones; containing too much red.
- foxy (Thesaurus)