forget: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fur-get'), [key]
— v., -got -gat -got&sylten -got -get&sylting.
- to cease or fail to remember; be unable to recall: to forget someone's name.
- to omit or neglect unintentionally: I forgot to shut the window before leaving.
- to leave behind unintentionally; neglect to take: to forget one's keys.
- to omit mentioning; leave unnoticed.
- to fail to think of; take no note of.
- to neglect willfully; disregard or slight.
- to cease or omit to think of something.
- to say or do something improper or unbefitting one's rank, position, or character.
- forget (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.