Meaning of following
Pronunciation: (fol'ō-ing), [key]
- a body of followers, attendants, adherents, etc.
- the body of admirers, attendants, patrons, etc., of someone or something: That television show has a large following.
- that which comes immediately after, as pages, lines, etc.: See the following for a list of exceptions.
- that follows or moves in the same direction: a following wind.
- that comes after or next in order or time; ensuing: the following day.
- that is now to follow; now to be mentioned, described, related, or the like: Check the following report for details.
- following (Thesaurus)