folio: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fō'lē-ō"), [key]
— n., pl. adj., v., -li•os, -li•oed, -li•o•ing.
- a sheet of paper folded once to make two leaves, or four pages, of a book or manuscript.
- a volume having pages of the largest size, formerly made from such a sheet.
- a leaf of a manuscript or book numbered only on the front side.
- (in a book) the number of each page.
- (in a newspaper) the number of each page together with the date and the name of the newspaper.
- a page of an account book or a left-hand page and a right-hand page facing each other and having the same serial number.
- a certain number of words, in the U.S. generally 100, taken as a unit for computing the length of a document.
- pertaining to or having the format of a folio: a folio volume.
- to number each leaf or page of.
- to mark each folio in (a pleading or the like) with the proper number.
- folio (Thesaurus)