floating: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (flō'ting), [key]
- being buoyed up on water or other liquid.
- having little or no attachment to a particular place; moving from one place to another: a floating work force.
- away from its proper position, esp. in a downward direction: a floating kidney.
- not fixed or settled in a definite place or state: a floating population.
- a floating debt.
- in circulation or use, or not permanently invested, as capital.
- composed of sums due within a short time:a floating debt.
- having a soft suspension greatly reducing vibrations between the suspended part and its support.
- working smoothly.
- floating (Thesaurus)